The number of people that suffer from allergies and intolerances in Ireland continues to increase significantly. Approximately 475,000 people have asthma in Ireland and according to the Asthma Association of Ireland we have the 4th highest prevalence of asthma in the world.
Most people do not realise that carpets and fabric upholstery actually help allergy sufferers as they can effectively filter and trap allergens, dirt and bacteria that can trigger allergies. People spend on average in excess of 90% of their time indoors so air quality within the home is very important especially for allergy sufferers.
Having your carpets cleaned regularly is extremely important as they can become full just like an air filter in a car which can have a significant effect on air quality within the house. While vacuuming regularly can help with allergies and asthma, it is highly recommended to get your carpets cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner to remove the allergens and dirt that a regular hoover can’t reach. A recent independent study by an air laboratory has found that Chem-Dry removes an average of approximately 98% of allergens from soft furnishings and carpets using our unique cleaning method. The types of allergens we remove include dust mites, other mites & pet dander.
Here are some other tips to help remove allergens.
- Have your mattress cleaned regularly as dust mites love mattresses and will affect your allergies over night
- Wash bedclothes weekly in the machine
- We all love our pets, however try to refrain from allowing them into your bedrooms as their dander spreads easily and can have adverse effects on air quality.
- Area rugs are also a great home for allergens to live, vacuum rugs and mats regularly and more importantly have them professionally cleaned and treated by www.chemdryexecutive.ie
- Kids loved their small soft toys like stuffed animals etc. Keep them washed as mites and other allergens love them
- Have your carpets and heavy curtains professionally cleaned and treated by Chem-Dry Executive
Here at ChemDry Executive, we want to help you and your family to breathe easier in your home by improving air quality. Whether you suffer from asthma or a particular allergy or just want a clean home for your family, ChemDry Executive can help remove allergens that are in your home thus improving overall air quality. ChemDry Executive uses a unique technique to clean your home like no other professional carpet cleaner to ensure you are living in a healthy home environment for you and your family.
There’s loads more information on our site www.chemdryexecutive.ie . If you have specific questions on how we can help with your particular allergen issue feel free to call us for a chat on 01-9055440.