Carpets can look amazing and stay looking that way for many years, but that’s only when they are in the proper environment and maintained very well. Not only does a carpeted surface keep a room nice and warm, it gives off a cosy glow and a welcoming feel that no other type of flooring can achieve, so it’s certainly worth looking after.
Allowing dirt to build up on your carpet(s) WILL bring about all kinds of problems. From mould, that could potentially be harmful to your health, and dust mites to foul odours and all kinds of other nasty side effects, not cleaning your carpet(s) properly and regularly could prove disastrous.
To ensure that your carpets are free of all of the above, it’s essential that you clean it often. Most often than not a professional carpet cleaning company will be needed. How often will depend on how much footfall your flooring experiences but the following is a good guideline to go by…
When your Home is a Busy Place
If your house is full and a constant flow of traffic is passing through your carpeted areas, a thorough carpet cleaning routine is required.
- Firstly, you’ll need to find a reliable carpet cleaning company and schedule in a professional deep clean at least four times a year.
- You should also be vacuuming at least twice a week.
- If your home is a very busy place and the level of footfall is extremely heavy, we’d recommend that you vacuum a lot more often if you’ve got the time. We’re talking daily or every second day.
Carpets in the Workplace
Generally speaking, carpets in commercial areas and office spaces will need to be cleaned much more often than those in residential settings.
- Business owners should have a professional industrial carpet cleaning company hired on a contractual basis.
- Visits should be regular and most deep cleaning carpet companies work outside normal business hours to limit disruptions to workflow.
- Again, how often commercial carpet cleaning should be done will depend on the amount of footfall it gets as well as other factors such as the material, colour and quality of the carpet.
That said; commercial carpet will generally need to be deep cleaned anywhere from once a month to once every 18 months.
How long does carpet cleaning take?
The time it takes to clean your carpet will depend on which of the following services you need to avail of:
- Area and oriental rug cleaning
- Specialty stain removal
- Water damage restoration
- Pet urine and odour removal
- Green carpet cleaning
Your professional carpet cleaning company should be able to advise you as to how long exactly it will take to effectively complete the job at hand. Remember that although it may not take very long for the actual cleaning process itself, you will need to consider how long it will take for the surface to fully dry out.
If you’ve got carpet down in your home or place of business, getting your floor professionally cleaned at the recommended intervals will pay you dividends in the long run. Your carpet will stay looking fresh and it will serve you well for many years if you do your part in looking after it.